Sunday, April 5, 2015

Can't Walk Away by Molly McLain (River Bend #3)


I would say sorry Sabato, but I'm not going to because you have officially been replaced by Mark Dunn. The sexist Sheriff EVER, who also happened to be in the Army. And completely and utterly in love with Ally Barrett. These two have had an unofficial relationship for the better part of a year, and Ally is tired of be his side action. She wants, no needs more from Mark, and Mark, well Mark doesn't really know what he wants aside from Ally the red-haired freckle faced beauty who stole his heart long ago. 
 
This story starts somewhere in the middle of the second book Can't Get Enough, as you see a small spat between Mark and Ally in that book. This book picks up from the spat and Ally is sick of not mattering to Mark. His job comes first and foremost, but she just wants him to love her like she loves him. So what does she do? Probably one of the dumbest things she could ever do, make Mark jealous. It works alright, but not how she wanted it to. And because of it, consequences happen. Will there love be enough to get it together, or are they both to stubborn to communicate? Come on guys communication is key!
 
Molly had me swooning from Mark from the get go. Again, HELLO man in uniform! He could have been a rent-a-cop and it still would have been hot! OK, maybe that is an exaggeration, but non the less Mark is HOT. This is the book that kept me up all night. I could not stop reading about Ally and Mark. They are hands down my favorite couple so far. The love that Mark shows Ally after he gets his head out of his ass is what every women dreams of. I have a certain retired grunt who could take a few lessons from Mark. Sigh.... Oh well, I will continue to live vicariously through my books. 
 
If you have read my other posts about Molly McLain, then there is no need to rehash how much I love reading her books. I do have to say though Ms. Molly, that I better see Mark again, I'm already going through withdrawals from him. I'm hyperventilating infact. OK, not quite that bad, but I wouldnt be upset with just a little fix from him. PLEASE???
 
There is one more book in this series that has been published, and I have it loaded up on my kindle app now. It follows Dan and Maddie Hudson on their honeymoon. If you have read the first book then you would know that they got married in the first book, and I am chomping at the bit to see how freaky these two are going to get.
 
So hang on tight, this next book sounds like its going to naughty with a capital N. 

No comments:

Post a Comment