Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Torrent by Gemma James (Condemned # 1)


My slacken is over!!! (Well maybe) Torrent is the first book in the Condemned series by Gemma James. This series introduces us to Alex and Rafe. The premise of the book is that Alex has and still is being molested by her step brother Zach. Zach is OBSESSED by her, and believes that they are in love. Alex's mom "supposedly" killed herself after she found out, and her step dad who has taken her under his wing as his own daughter. Little does she know is that her "Dad" has done everything in his power to keep the family secret under wraps.
 
Alex has always loved Rafe, but lived in a prison constructed by Zach's jealous. Zach finally figures out that Alex loves Rafe, he goes berserk "takes" what he believes is his. He tells Alex to false accuse Rafe of raping her, or else he is going to kill Rafe. Alex agrees and sends Rafe to prison.
 
The story really begins when Rafe is released and he is out to get his vengeance. He wants to know why Alex accused him of rape when he was nothing but polite to her. Granted he always had a thing for her, but she never knew that. 
 
OK I know it doesnt take much to entertain me, but HOT DANG! I seriously need a Rafe in my life. And I dont know about you but the whole time I was reading this book all I could think about was Ben Afleck's character Rafe in Pearl Harbor. I love that movie even though Danny was hotter.  Anywho, I highly recommend this book to anyone like Dark Romance. Gemma James does a wonderful job of getting into Alex's head. How she psychologically removes Alex from the abuse is nothing short of masterful. Gemma James has gain another fan. I look forward to reading more of her work, and yes I have read the second book Rampant. Holy goodness gracious the hits just keep coming in this book. 


I am not going to give a summary of this book as you really need to read Torrent first. I promise you will want to read the second book after you read the first. Just to for-sworn you, there is a cliffhanger in the second book, oh yeah there is one at the end of the first book as well.
 
So come on April 30th! I CANNOT wait for Fervent the third book to release. And yes I have it to notify me when its available (insert addict status here... *sigh* but you know what I am A OKAY with it).
 
Thus ends my review, and I am out of wine. I know, I know such atrocities, but hey whatever keeps me happy right????
 
So fellow book readers I I bid you adieu, as my partner in crime has showed up and out we go for drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment