Sunday, March 1, 2015

Otherwise Alone by Shay Savage (Evan Arden #1)

OK, I told a small fib. I am not going to review 8 1/2 books, as some of them are part of trilogies. I am just going to review the first of the series so that way I don't give a whole lot away.

 The next book from the Take Me collection is:


This is the first book of the Evan Arden series, and I can honestly say I am now a Shay Savage fan. This series hit close to home as Evan is a Veteran Sniper from the Marie Corp. And he is bad ass, with a Capital B. Evan is a hit man for a Chicago Mob Boss, and is in the middle of no where in the Arizona desert waiting for a call from his boss to say it is safe for him to come home. Long story short, Lia Antonio arrives at his door step and they both fall head over heals in a very short amount of time. Eventually Evan has to help Lia get home to her mom and he is called back to Chicago before Lia can return from Phoenix. This is where the first book ends and the second begins. 

Y'all know me by now and know that I am not going to go into the series any further. I honestly have to say that this is the first time I have ever read Shay Savage and all I can say (or scream) is I WANT MORE EVAN!!!!! Hot damn this man is every thing a woman would want (aside from the PTSD). He's HOT, he knows how to handle a gun (if you know what I mean). 
I have read all 3 of the books about Evan and also the side novel that has a touch of Evan in it and I am thrilled that the next book will be coming out in 8 days. I NEED MORE EVAN! Shay Savage is a very talented writer, she knows how to really grab an audience. She doesn't beat around the bush, she gets right to the point  of her books. Its quite refreshing for a change. Most authors I have found take a few chapters to get to the nitty gritty, but not this author. She does not waste your time with meaningless back story.

I will definitely be reading more from Shay Savage. She was a real treasure to find in this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment