Saturday, March 7, 2015

Spin by C.D Reiss (Songs of Corruption #1)

Spin is the final book in the Take Me: Twelve Tales of Possession, and it was kind of a let down. I was hoping for something to end the collection that packed a punch, however I was severely disappointed. 

Spin follows Theresa Drazen and Antonio "Spin" Spinelli (who is all a Mafia Capo). Theresa is a trust fund baby who doesn't have to want for anything, but likes to make a name for herself working for a Hollywood production company. She has just gotten out of a relationship with a cheater when she meets Antonio. He is everything her ex (who also happens to be running for Mayor) isn't. He's tall, dark and mysterious (got to love them Italian boys). Theresa sees Spin when she goes out with her brother, she is completely awe-struck with his good looks. She doesn't approach him but a few days later she goes back to the same seedy bar in hopes of running into him.So begins the awkward relationship between the two. 

While the story its self was good, I dont quite know how this book was included in the Take Me collection. The premise was great, but I just didnt get the whole "possession" feel for it. There was no kinky sex like the other books (yes I'm a perv like that), and if your the Mafia Capo, (insert spoiler) can't you do what ever the hell you want? Like marry the girl you want?

As you all know, I of course couldn't just read this book. I had to see what would happen to Theresa and Antonio in the second book:

No I'm not going into any detail about this book, other than it was a bigger disappointment then the first. However it did get a lot more entertaining at the end, and yes I am invested enough to read the 3rd book Rule due out in June. You can dang well believe I will be One-Clicking this book.

I recommend this book to readers who are not into the Dark Romance genre. This is even lighter than Fifty Shades of Grey, but then again FSoG is pretty tame compared to all of the books in the Take Me collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment