Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Dark Duet Series by C.J. Roberts

Since it has been awhile since I have reviewed any books, I thought I would try something different with my review. This will keep me from posting three different time.

Captive in the Dark is the second book in the Sinister Desires collection, and the first book in the Dark Duet Series. This is the first time I have read C.J. Roberts and I can say I am thrill to have found this truly gifted author. I was very impressed with this book and look forward to reading more from this author. 
This book follows Olivia (Livvie) who hasn't had the best upbringing. Her mother is, for a lack of a better term, a whore, and her dad is just gone. Livvie tries to be what her mom wants, but its just now enough. One day Livvie misses the school bus and runs into a beautiful man. Little does she know, that he will soon become her captor.
Caleb was sold as a Pleasure Slave when he was younger. However he got away and now will do nothing to help Rafiq get vengeance for the murder of his wife and sister. Caleb has an opportunity to pay Rafiq back. All he has to do is kidnap an American girl and turn her into a Pleasure Slave. 
Thus begins Livvie and Caleb's story. Can Caleb complete this mission? 

I throughly enjoyed this book, and could not wait to read the second book in the series. 
 
Reading the second book was not nearly as thrilling as the first book. I was let down as it was truly difficult for me to get through (I know that says a lot if I have problems). Needless to say I am glad that I stuck with it, because it was worth it in the end. I was glad to see that Livvie got some what of a happy ending.  
 
I was a little skeptical going into the third book as Seduced in the Dark wrapped up the series in a nice little bow. Boy was I wrong, Epilogue was the big red bow this series needed.
 
 This book takes place from the moment James enters Livvie's life. This is book is wrote in James' POV. I love how the author captured James. The man he wants to be for Livvie, and what he will endure to have her. 

I was quite sad when I finished Epilogue as I didn't want Livvie's story to end. She had been through so much. She is quite literally an inspiration. How does one go through all the trials and tribulations that she did, and still come out OK? I'm not going to give any clues away, but lets just say that yes I did cry at the end of this book. I cried for Livvie, Caleb and for James. Ya'll know me, I don't cry during books (only a select few have shaken me up enough to tear up).
 
Ya'll also know that I am not one to re-read books, unless its Kiss the Girls by James Patterson, favorite book EVER. But this series is definately going to be on my list of re-reads. 

C.J. Roberts has gained a new fan, and I can't wait to dig into more of her work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment