Friday, February 6, 2015

Twist Me by Anna Zaires (Twist Me #1)

Well another week has passed and I have failed to update my blog. My reading has slowed a bit. Finding book that peak my interest has been difficult. Between last Friday and today, I have only read 2 books. I had originally started The Lover's Secret by J. C. Reed, but apparently you need to read the Surrender Your Love series to understand The Lovers Secret. I was all kinds of confused so I had to stop reading it. However, in the mean time, I did start and finish Temptation by Robin Covington. It was a quick read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is what I would call a cookie cutter romance book. While it was a good book, it was a typical romance where girl meet boy, boy falls in love with girl, but doesn't want to admit he is in love with her....Blah Blah Blah. You know how it ends from there, and the search for my next book continued.

Then on Tuesday Feb. 3rd, Take me: Twelve Tales of Dark Possession was published and holy cow. I started the first book in the collection, and I was instantly hooked.


As you can see, there is a Pepper Winters Book in this collection, and I have made it no secret that I AM A FAN!!! (was that subtle enough). Her book in the collection is Destroyed, which I have already ranted and raved about, so there is now need to do it again (IT'S AWESOME). The second author that drew me to this collection is Kendall Ryan. I can not praise her enough either. Her book is Unravel Me and I read this book back in July of 2013, and I have read every book by Kendall Ryan. Unravel Me is darker than Kendall's normal writing, but none the less an amazing book. Like Pepper, Kendall is one of my favorites. So I thought what the hey I'll give this book collection a try. Boy Howdy and I glad that I did. The first book in the collection is Twist Me by Anna Zaires.
 

Like Pepper Winters, Anna Zaires likes to write dark romances, and let me tell you she is gooood at her job. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE needs a Julian Esguerra in their world. While Dominic (my first book boyfriend) is caring compassionate type, Julian is the exact opposite. He is dark and obsessed (an understatement) with the girl of his dreams.
Twist Me follows Nora Leston, she is just about to turn 18 when she goes out to a club where her and her friend Leah have a good time. Nora eventually finds her way to the bar and connects with a stranger across the bar. The attraction is instant. Julian of course has to walk over to her. Nora is intrigued by the tall dark handsome man. She is scared of him and ends up leave the club early. Fast forward and Nora has turned 18 and is at her High School graduation when she looks out into the crowd and who do you think she sees there? Yep Julian. He still gives her the creeps but thinks that he might have someone he knows graduating and it is just a coincidence. Before Nora met Julian, she has had a crush on a fellow class mate named Jake. And Jake has finally noticed Nora and asks her out on a date. Nora is of course excited. They go on a great first date with a walk in the park afterwards. Things are going smoothly until all of a sudden Jake and Nora are attacked. Nora remember seeing Jake getting beat up before everything fades to black. Nora's life is about to change. I'm sure you can guess who attacks Nora and Jake. I'll give you three guesses.

I have never read Anna Zaires before, and after reading this book, I am definitely hooked on her. I love how she isn't afraid to write about taboo subjects. I have enjoyed reading her work, and I have already started the second book in the series. It has not disappointed me yet. So if you have read any of Pepper Winters books and like them, then give Anna Zaires a try.

I am hoping to read more books and write more reviews, but I don't see that happening in the near future (my work schedule is getting all kinds of screwed up, and I am NOT a fan). So please stay tuned. I will try to update as often as possible. And of course should any of you read any of these books, let me know. Tell me what you thought of the book. I am always happy to read reviews. So please feel free to comment share your thoughts with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment