Friday, January 30, 2015

Second Debt by Pepper Winters (#3 Indebted Series)

WOOT WOOT! Its Friday and you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do. (dang Smokey had the right idea). OH wait maybe I do have a job, and responsibilities, Ugh life gets in the way of my reading. But that's OK, you know why? Three day BABY!!! What do I have planned you ask? I'm gonna go Thrift Shoppin (and I totally made that cool before Macklemore sang about it) and its Super Bowl weekend. I am a firm believer they should close schools, business, and every other establishment down the day after the Super Bowl and proclaim it as a national holiday, we can call it Hungover Day. Speaking of the Super Bowl, who are you all rooting for? I personally don't care as my team didn't even make it to the Playoffs this year. The Super Bowl just gives me an excuse to eat, drink and be as loud as I want yelling at the TV. My money is on New England (even though I can't stand them, they are the lesser of two evils), with the hopes that they crush Seattle into the ground, and Richard Sherman breaks his spleen (Yeah I'm that childish, and I am AOK with it). SEAHAWKS STINKS!!!

OK, OK enough about football. Now on to my review.


The Indebted books follow Nila and Jethro who were both thrown into the world of abuser and victim. I'm not going to give to much away as this is the 3rd book in the series, and it is also the half way point. Only 3 more to go. 

Any who, like the last book that I had reviewed, this book is another master piece of suspense, romance, and even a tiny bit of HOT STEAMY SEX (OK I lied, it has awesome sex scenes). I have to quote from another book that makes me think about Jethro in unappropriated ways. "Gideon Cross was a fucking animal. He said cunt! It was the first book where the word cunt was used and I swear that alone caused me to go out that night and find the nearest dark haired, well built, finely dressed man I could just to finish the job Sylvia had started". Marley Grinding in Greenville. While Marley has Gideon, I will take my Jethro Hawk any day of the week, and weekend, and after hours, holidays...Ah hell, Ill take him 24/7.
Alright back to the book, I don't know how Pepper Winters writes these stories, they are all so dark and twisted, but SO addicting. She has taken a man from a kidnapping, egomaniac, psychopath (Nila's words not mine) and turned him into so much more. He isn't just a robot that his father created. He has a softer side, and is slowly letting people in to his heart (sigh...isn't he just the sweetest thing). So would I recommend this book? ABSOLUTELY!!! If I had physical copies of any of her books, I would be lending them out. They are that good, definitely give them a try.

Now its story time, and I hope the person I did this to doesn't read my review today. At work a co-worker (we'll name her Lee for this story) asked if she could borrow a book to go on her vacation. She didn't want to by a book and she knows I'm big into reading. So I said "Sure, what do you like to read? I have tons of books in different genres." Lee's response was "I'm not picky, I'll read anything." Ding Ding, the boxing gloves have come off. At this point I have to give you just a short condensed  side note, that Lee is in her 60's and is ALWAYS I mean ALWAYS giving me a hard time, and vice versa. So I said, I'll get you Fifty Shades of Gray. She didn't even bat an eye and asked is it good (at this point I'm dying, because I don't quite thing she knows what the book is about). So my Fifty Shades is going on a trip half way across the world, and I am going to miss the look on Lee's face when she get to the good parts. I also just want to be a fly on the wall and see random peoples expressions as they walk by her and see her reading this novel. The whole thing just gives me giggles. So stay tuned, once Lee is back from vacation, I'm sure there will be some retaliation. But man it will be worth it.

So until next time my fellow bookworms keep on keeping on, and I bid you adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment