Sunday, February 15, 2015

One Kiss with a Rock Star by Amanda Lin & Shari Slade (Half-Life #2)


This book is not part of the Take Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Possession, but it is the second book in the Half-Life series. I COULD not not read the second book immediately. This book is 10 times better than the first in the series, as this one seems to have a plot. 

This book follows Krist Mellas (Yes the bassist for Half-Life who had a menage with Lock and Hailey), and the subsequent consequences of the menage. After the video has gone viral, the media are hounding Krist to know if he is gay (no he is not, he is bi). Krist has always longed for Lock, but now that Hailey is in the picture, Krist is on his own. To help recover his bad boy image and to get the reporters off of his sex tape, his agent talks him into a "Fake" engagement with the pop princess Madeline Fox. Both of them need their images polished up, but can they fake it all the way or will real emotions get in the way? *spoiler alert* Yes, Krist does have another menage, with Maddy and her assistant Paige, but this time its all about pleasing him and not someone else. 

I could not put this book down. It was well written and like I said had a plot. I loved to read Krist's story as in Three Nights, you really didn't get to connect with him. It was awesome to see his softer side, and what he would do to keep his band from falling a part. 

Again, just like the first book, this is a great rainy day book. I do recommend you read Three Nights with a Rock Star before you read this book. I can hardly contain myself for Moe's story. His character has been pretty no existent in this series, and I am curious to see what the authors have in store for him.

The next book in the Take Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Possession is A Beautiful Prison by Jenika Snow. I have never read any of her books, and I hope that she doesn't disappoint me.

No comments:

Post a Comment