Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tag Chaser (Chasers #1) by Kandi Steiner


LOVE LOVE LOVED this book! It is the 1st book in the Chaser series by Kandi Steiner, and oh my how I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The book follows Paisley Bronson on her journey of no strings attached love. She was deeply hurt by the one man in her life who shouldn't have hurt her (no I'm not going to tell you who). Paisley is what a lot of military personnel call a "Tag Chaser". Paisley only likes to have relationships (or lack there of) with Military Men.

One night she goes out in downtown Orlando with her best friend McKenzie, who despises Paisleys lack of real relationships and sparks a bet with Paisley stating she can't go a year without "Tag Chasing". Paisley accepts the bet and if Paisley wins she gets Kenz's bad ass glittery Jimmy Choos, and if Kenz wins she get to know the real reason why Paisley is a "Tag Chaser". and they continue on with their girls night.

While out Paisley and Kenz run into a less than desirable man. He refuses to believe that Paisley doesn't want to dance with him. Now enter Corbin Ray (aka Dreamboat). Corbin comes to the rescue and is "more of a dark knight than a knight in shining armor." Paisley decides to go back to Corbin's hotel, while she is there, he takes a phone call and Paisley wonders around his suite. She notices his luggage and fingers through it. What does she find you ask? That's right ACU's. So Paisley being Paisley, leaves the hotel stating her boss just called with an emergency at work. Plus she doesn't want Kenz to win the bet.

The next day Paisley goes to work slightly hungover to meet a new client. Loll and behold, who do you think is her new client? That's right Corbin Ray.

I really want to keep writing a summary about this book, as I said, I thoroughly enjoyed it. But again, I have to leave you hanging. But I will tell you this, you do find out why Paisley only dates military men, why she has the best guy friend ever, and how she finally sticks up to her craptastic boss.

Kandi Steiner did not disappoint me. I felt an emotional connection with Paisley (no I never was a "Tag Chaser", but I sure did marry one hell of a good looking Army Man). I understood what Paisley did to keep her defenses up. Its always a good thing to guard your heart.

I only had one problem with this book, and that was how do you become a Tag Chaser in Orlando, FL? As a military wife, I would have found this story more believable if it had taken place near a military instillation. This was the only thing that didn't make much sense to me. Other than than one thing, I felt the author did a great job of writing the book, it was easy to follow, and I didn't have to do a lot of back page flipping (it seems like that I have to do that with newer authors). I look forward to Song Chaser as it is next in the series and I can't wait to see what is in store for Tanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment