Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mai Tai'd Up (The Cocktail Series #4) By Alice Clayton


Greetings book junkies, It's time for another review. It has been a few days since I finished this book, but of course life got busy and I haven't been able to make time for a review. So lets get started.

Mai Tai'd Up is the 4th book in the Cocktail Series, and quite honestly not as good at the previous three books.

The story follows Chloe Patterson who's mother controls her life. Chloe is a former beauty queen and about to marry Charles Preston Sappington, the perfect man in her mothers eyes. The morning of the perfect wedding that her mother planned, Chloe realizes that she can not marry Charles as she does not love him and she is pretty certain he does not love her either. Chloe has a minor panic attack and flees to her fathers house (her parents are divorced). She stays there for a day, goes back to her mothers home, where her very upset mother wait. Chloe's mom kicks her out of the house, so Chloe takes her belongings and heads back to her Dad's. From there she heads to Monterey, to the family vacation home, to get some much needed time away from San Diego.

Chloe drives up to Monterey and once she gets there she stops at a local restaurant where she sees a man who is incredible attractive, but since she just ran out on her wedding, she doesn't approach him.

With Chloe going to Monterey, she is going to be helping kick start a satellite office of "Our Gang", a shelter that rescues Pit Bulls who are abused and abandoned. Her mentor Lou tells her to visit the local veterinary clinic, as they have worked with Lou before, and they are always happy to help. Chloe goes to the clinic where she meet an eclectic receptionist, who puts her in an exam room to meet Dr. Campbell. Chloe gets a surprise as the doctor who comes in is also the hottie from the restaurant.

And here is where my summary stops... I know another cliff hanger :P

I have read several books by Alice Clayton, and I can honestly say this book was by far my biggest disappointment. The first three books in the series are amazing. They are books that you read, and at the funny parts you are that weirdo who is laughing at nothing in a room filled with people. I'm talking bust a gut laughing. This book... not so much.

However, I of course loved the story, and as always the writing of Ms. Clayton is superb. The story flows nicely, and of course the story could be extended in to another book or novella. If a second book were to come out, I would read it as well. I have to know if Chloe and Dr. Hottie ever get their Happily Ever After (I'm certain they will).

So would I recommend this book, of course. I would read the first three books before this book, as some of the characters from the other books appear in this one.

Mai Tai'd Up was my 18th book this year, and I am currently working on Last Call (The Cocktail Series #5). Be on the look out for that review to come in the next day or two. It would be sooner, but its football day, and I have to support my hubby's team in the playoff's. LETS GO PACKERS!

Until next time gang! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment