Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Filthy Beautiful Forever (Filthy Beautiful Lies #4) By Kendall Ryan


Filthy Beautiful Forever is the 4th book in the Filthy Beautiful Lies series (Yes, I know I should start my reviews with the first in the series, but I don't wanna and you cant make me).

The book follows Collins Drake and Mia Monroe. They were best friends from age 5 til 15 when Mia's family has to move away. During that time, the two formed an unique bond. At the age of 10, Mia started planning her wedding and Collins had found her wedding magazine she had hidden. They talk, they giggle about it, but Collins pokes Mia in the arm and says that he will marry her if they are both single at the age of 30. Fast forward a few years, and its the night before Mia leaves Collins, they are both 15 and they want each other to be their firsts. Collins takes Mia to his fathers yacht, where Mia enjoys herself immensely, as where Collins has a lot of guilt for taking Mia's virginity.

Another 15 years pass and Collins owns his own Investment firm and is quite successful he also has a beautiful supermodel girlfriend keeping his bed warm. Life couldn't get much better, until there is a knock on his door. Mia Monroe has had a tough go lately, she has lost her job and is looking for something new. One drunken night her best friend tells her to go to California and claim her marriage proposal. Collins is shocked to find Mia at his door, and she is more shocked to see his life is doing great...

Now this is where I am going to stop the summary of the book, because if I keep going then you won't have a reason to read the book. And well, if I'm reviewing it, then it must be a pretty dang good book.

So here goes my attempt to review my very first book that I thoroughly enjoyed, wish me luck.

Kendall Ryan does not disappoint again. Her writing is flawless, the story flows nicely, and the love between Collins and Mia is quite believable. I even understand about the marriage proposal, my best friend and I also said that if we weren't married by the age of 30 then we too would get married. Boy was he mad when I married my High School Sweetheart.

This book can be read as a standalone, but I would recommend reading the first three books in the series. You get little glimpses of Collins and his inner workings in the other books.

I love how the author portrayed Collins. He has let get life the best of him, and he has no clue how to relax, have a good time, and he doesn't just go with the flow. (This sounds quite familiar to me, as I am the female version of Collins).

Mia on the other hand is a carefree, good time having, hopeless romantic. The complete opposite from Collins. Again I understand this concept as this describes me and my husband, well except the hopeless romantic part, neither of us are like that.

The one thing that I absolutely love about this book, is that typically it is always the woman who has problems making up their minds. Not in the book! Collins emotions are all over the place, as where Mia doubts herself, but not near as much as Collins. It was awesome to read for once that it was the alpha-male who had a conscience and not the woman.

So do I recommend this book???? ABSOLUTELY!!! Buy it today! The concept is great, the writing is great, and if, IF it is the last in the series, it closes it out very nicely (I'm secretly hoping that there will be one more, I mean come on, you cant leave us hanging with Pace and Kylie's story). Give it a try, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Now onto waiting for Ms. Ryan to publish another book. I have read all of her other ones, so now it is just a waiting game to see what she has in store for us next. You can believe I will review it as she has never disappointed me.

Well, back to reading. I have my next victim picked out, and I know this author will not disappoint either. So until I finish this next book, give Filthy Beautiful Forever a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment