Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Layers of Her by Prescott Lane



ARC provided by Ardent PRose for honest review.

I finished this book two days ago, and I have to worst case of book hangover ever. This is my must read book of the year. While this book has a warning about it dealing with rape, I did not see the plot going the way it did.

This book will have you thinking about the survivors and how they deal with the carnage left behind. There is NO graphic details regarding the heinous act of rape, but more of the dealing of it after the fact. This book reminded me a lot of the Fading Series by E.K. Blair. I cried during this book, I cried for  Campbell and her daily dealings with her dark thoughts. This book certainly put a new twist on a survivor. I loved this book for Stone, and how he was able to handle Campbell. I really loved how he always gave her the choice, as he knew something horrible had happened to her. And no matter what Campbell chose, her heart always led her back to Stone.

I was so glad to have had the opportunity to read this book. Prescott Lane is an amazing writer, and this is by far her best book. She toed the line of a very real nightmare any woman could endure and was able to deliver a powerful message about being a survivor and how it doesn't define you. 

If you don't read a single book, reconsider it. This book will leave you wanting more from the fabulous author.

No comments:

Post a Comment