Sunday, February 28, 2016

Off Limits: A Bad Boy Romance by Lauren Landish



ARC provided for honest review.

I would say I was impressed with this book, but it was way beyond that. I was completely blown away reading this book. I was so impressed with this book, I was talking to him about the military aspect of Lauren's writing. (Let me give you just a little bit of background info about myself. I am married to an OEF/OIF Veteran, who you guessed it was also an infantry grunt, stationed at? Yep Ft. Campbell, KY). So you can imagine my surprise when this author nailed all of the military lingo. I found this book to be one of the most accurate books when talking about an Army aspect of her character Dane. I always find myself scoffing over every detail and how authors are completely clueless when it comes to the military. Either Lauren has "insider" knowledge of the inner workings of the Army, or she did quite a bit of research. Regardless, she really nailed this book in that aspect.

The love story of this book, was always great. Even though Dane was dishonorable discharged, it was his compassion towards women that had me sucked in immediately. While he may or may not have been wrongly convicted of a crime, he still had the Army values instilled in him, which is insanely hot! (Yeah I have a thing for men in uniform). I loved the instant chemistry between Dane and Abby. These two had it bad for each other from the start. Again it was HOT!!!

This book was the first I have read from Lauren Landish, and I can honestly say I am a fan. Of course I like reading insta-love books, there is just something in them that floats my boat, but this book had a more than the insta-love. It actually had a great plot, it was worth reading, and I plan on reading more of Lauren Landish's books. She has landed firmly in my favorite author category.

No comments:

Post a Comment