Monday, February 9, 2015

Trust in Me by Skye Warren (Dark Nights #1)


Holy hell, I thought that Twist Me by Anna Zaires was a dark and taboo book, but after reading Trust in Me by Skye Warren has me rethinking that. Trust in me is the third book in the Take Me: Twelve Dark Tales of Possession (I skipped the second one as it was Pepper Winter's Destoryed), and its even darker than Twist Me.

Trust Me follows a whore (yes she really is one) named Mia. Long story short, Mia sees a murder and the murderer knows that she saw the crime. Mia hides out, but eventually goes back to the corner where the crime happened. Little does she know that the murderer Carlos Laguardia, is looking for her. He finds her and propositions her. He wants everything from her and she agrees for $200 bucks. Little did she know, that she would be enslaved to him. Carlos is not a good man, he is into drug, weapons and human trafficking. So basically he is an upstanding citizen (insert sarcasm). 

After years of abuse, Mia finally has a chance at a normal life. His name is Tyler Martinez, an undercover FBI agent, and he also happens to be her childhood crush. 
 
I was surprised that I enjoyed this book, as I have never read something so cruel. This book also brings out the reality that this is actually happening in our world. I truly believe that Skye Warren hit the nail on the head with this book. It opens your eyes to the world around us. I will be reading more of Skye Warrens books, but I don't think I can handle reading the series in order. These require small doses.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, but be warned that it is not for the faint of heart. This book goes deep into a world that most people cant fathom. 

As, always let me know if you do read this book. I would love to know what you all thought of it. 

Now onto the next book in Take Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Possession. Marco's Redemption by Lynda Chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment