Sunday, February 15, 2015

Deliver by Pam Godwin (Deliver #1)

 
WOW! I mean WOW! I am really REALLY scared to get any further into the Take Me: Twelve Dark Tales of Possession. I almost couldn't finish this book. This is not my cup of tea at all. I even woke up cry from nightmares that I was the one kidnapped and trained to be a sex slave, but of course it didn't stop me from finishing this book (it should have).
 
This book follows Liv and Josh. Liv has been the Deliver of 8 sex slaves. She trains them for 10 weeks and delivers them to their new masters. However Liv is a slave herself. Van is her master and together they kidnap men and women. Liv was kidnapped years ago and was to be sold, but Van was selfish and ruined her for the sale. Liv's newest assignment was to capture a virgin man and mold him to hate women for his new sick and twisted master. 

Josh is a college student still living at home. He is a linebacker at the college, and he is good at it. On the way home from a game, Josh stumbles upon a beautiful girl (Liv) who is having car trouble. Josh offers to give her a ride, and she accepts. Until now, Josh's life has been great until he get to the home Liv directed him to. Josh's life will be changed forever. Can he save himself and the lost girl who stole him and his heart?

While this book was difficult to read (very graphic sexual scenes), the love story was one of boy meets girl, girl is in a lot of trouble, and boy will do anything even against his moral ethics to save her. After reading this book, I had to take a break before I continued on with the series. The next book is Vanquish and it follows Van and his story. Of course, I cant just read the 1st book and not the second. You know as well as I do that I am not hardwired that way. 

This was my first time reading Pam Godwin and I have to say that even though this was the darkest book I have read so far in this collection, it was still a great read. I lover her writing and I can wait to read more of her books. As I said in my previous post she will be at Penned Con this year, and to be honest I am more than nervous to meet her. (Who am I kidding, I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store down there).

So do I recommend this book... Yes, but if you don't like graphic violence, non-consensual sex and BDSM, then this book is NOT for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment