Sunday, May 8, 2016

Blackmailing the Virgin (Alexa Riley Promises #2) by Alexa Riley



ARC generously provided by Ardent Prose in exchange for a honest review.

I swear every time I read an Alexa Riley book, I get more and more depraved thoughts. The writing these two do is beyond amazing. They are both truly gifted writers as they are able to depict amazing imagery on their book pages. 

This book was well written and has easily become one of my favorites (although I am re-reading some of their earlier work...wow, just wow). Calder Cox, just saying his name gives me chills. He is a confirmed bachelor, and he likes it that way. That is until he sees Felicity Chandler. She is the end all be all for him. He has to have her, no claim her, and he will stop at nothing to possess her. Including Blackmailing her, he will have her, whether she likes it or not.

This book is an over the top insta-love, and will have you swooning over Calder, and hoping that he get the HEA. He deserves it, and Felicity is the only one who can give that to him. 

I love second-chance romances, and Alexa Riley does an amazing job of keeping their M.O of insta-love, possessive, alpha men who fall head over heels for the women they need to claim. This was a great story with both concepts intertwined. I look forward to the next Promise book, as I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Panty Melting Factor: LEAVE THEM OFF!!!! Books like this should come with a warning.... Panties may instantly combust, wear with caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment